Monday, August 04, 2008

The Tranquil Flow of LIFE... (The Birthday Essay 2008)

It’s only ten days before I turn 18. And with that, I have the joy to share with you the things that made my life complete for this year. Like a bottle floating through the endless path of the Ocean, my life,to put it in writing, had gone through the tranquil flow and the diverse waves, with the people, places and events that shaped up my personality in the seventeenth year of what turned out to be my life.

The TRANQUIL FLOW…

Walking with the brothers took another milestone for my life this year, especially now that we entered the first step of the Baptismal rite this year. It was a blessing for me, because of the realities that I entered this year, from the Baptismal Scrutiny, to the Pilgrimage for the Youth in Iloilo. These were realities that I didn’t understood at first, but I carefully entered and appreciated. I never realized that I will pass through this life with the understanding that goes like this… God accepts us, even though we undergo a lot of difficulties and obstacles. He loves us, and accepts us as we are. When the world rejects us, He is still there for us. And this reality I learned through the Way.

Serving at the Altar was a real challenge for me. It was a hard task now, doing the things that I never did before. But although I think of myself as a “superserver” at times, I still fell that there is this force that is shaking me up, and facing the reality to me, that I’m part of a blessed team. Sometimes, I fail to do the sorts, but there are also times that I feel that it is God helping me to serve at His holy Altar. And that I will never forget, especially now that I marked four years of service.

As the Fraters enter this year of grace in blessings, I will never say that there were no misunderstandings. It was as if God had let us entered these circumstances to show us how we love and understand each other as brothers in the Lord. With the inspiration of the White-robed Army, we still go on proclaiming our battle cry, and showing the world that everybody–simply everybody–can be holy.

Responsibilities. That would be my realization for this year as a lay. As I pass through this year, I still get that energy and the vigor from God who gives me life from sunrise to sunset. On myself, I would say that these responsibilities would be a vain train. But, with the Lord, I would say that these chores are a blessing for me and a help to others. Although I fail at times, He is still there, helping me.

A Future Teacher. This is that something that’s behind my college studies. This is the reason why I go to school. In this time that I’m entering my second year of studies, I have learned many things, especially the realization that there are people that will make you realize who you are, and who you will be in the near future. As you go on, you are equipped with more responsibilities, more challenges, and more acceptances. And I know that it will run for the next two years. Who knows?

This year has been a testimony of how my family entered a very great deal of ups and downs. I may say that this was the year where I get to know my family more; of how they are very loving, despite the lapses. Well, except for the Holy Family of Nazareth, and for other holy families around, there will never be a perfect family if all its members are not loving, gracious, God-fearing, and cooperative with each other. Inspite of that, I am still proud of my family, of who they are, and I know that beyond everybody, and aside from the Omnipotent One, they are still the ones who accept me as I am.

I will never pass this flow without God who is still there with every step of the way; with the help of everybody around me. I owe the greater thanks to Him, and to them, because without them, I may be somewhere so dark, so immense, so misunderstood.

Well, enough of that. Let's go on...

The DIVERSE WAVES...

This year was also a witness to my frailty, of how I continuously fail to do things that must be done; of how I continuously fall into sin, eventhough I didn't like it to happen; of how people misunderstood me, and how I misunderstand them in return; of how I lived in pride, lust, and jealousy, added with a pinch of gluttony and a teaspoon of anger, plus the other two that I do not know.

Eventhough I pursue to live in Holiness, I still have lapses. After 18 years, I have come to understand this reality: I am a sinner in nature, and nobody cannot take it away from me, except God and myself. I sin by all means, and I sin everytime I please to do so. But despite that, I thank the Lord because He'd let me enter the way of Humility, and Conversion. I always ask myself that if God did not let me enter this way, where would I be right now as I write this BE?

And so, I am drawing near to the 17th waterfall, knowing that when I fall, I will enter the 18th river, the 18th ocean of my life. It's simply like that. It would still be a immense ocean, full of flows and waves alike. But who knows what will happen beyond this essay? One thing is for sure: wherever the flow will take me, whatever the texture of the waves will be like, God is still there. It's still the ocean, the ocean of my Life, but with a greater reality. The ocean shaped me to be who I am now, and God is by my side to guide me.

In the end, my cry, as with the former Birthday Essays of this nature, is still that cry full of trust and gratitude:

IN ALL THINGS, MAY GOD'S WILL BE DONE!!!

SA LAHAT NG BAGAY, KALOOBAN MO NAWA ANG MANGYARI, O PANGINOON!!!

AMEN.

01 August 2008

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment