Monday, February 01, 2010

... 6 years of serving everybody ... (Feb. 01, 2004-2010)

















6 YEARS.
GRABE.

Who would have thought that a simple Altar Server like me would go on to become a Lector, and a member of the Worship Committee? As I look on the past 5 years, I ponder deep inside me and realize, OMG! I've gone a long long way...

as I turn six today, I look back on that day before I entered the MInistry of Altar Servers - and started serving the parish - and I see a Weldann full of excitement, of dreams and aspirations. I have one goal then: to change the way the servers think and do, to be a role model for everybody.

After series of lay-offs, changes in service, lots of scandals, and most of all, after the great diversion last year, EVERYTHING CHANGED. Both positively and negatively. But one thing is important...


WHEN YOU ARE SERVING, YOU DO NOT CONSIDER YOURSELF. NOT AT ALL. NOT EVER. YOU ARE A PROPERTY OF CHRIST. YOU ARE A PROPERTY OF THE CHURCH. YOU BELONG TO THE PARISH, TO THE COMMUNITY. WHETHER YOU ARE A SERVER, A LECTOR, OR WHAT.


Now, as I go on walking on the path given me, I ask the Lord to bless and guide me as I continue to do the office given to me: to proclaim, and to plan-out. I thank the Lord for sending people that would be my shepherds in this land of exile, most especially to Fr. Junjun de Guzman, the present Parish Priest of Santa Cruz. He has been my untiring mentor, disciplinarian, and most of all, an ever-loving and energetic guide. Because of him, I have gone the way up, yet looked the way down. Truly a servant, a shepherd of the flock...

Let's proceed... be with me... let's Serve together!

JoEzeMa,ccs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment