Sunday, October 17, 2010

LIT-tie Monday: VOCATIONS



As the Online Page of 100% Katolikong Pinoy (Link HERE) celebrates its Vocation Week, from Oct. 17-23, 2010, I made this little work on Vocations. I pray that through this poem, among others, God may touch the hearts of the faithful, especially the youth of today, to answer God's call to the priesthood or marriage.

VOCATIONS

Voices I usually hear deep within my heart
echoing a sound that comes from someone strong
It seems to say, "Come and follow me,
No matter who you are, no matter what you may be.

"Obviously, this is not a coincidence
Or a product of your wildest dreams.
This is not your imagination at work;
Look beyond your field, I am standing, calling you.

"Come to me, my little brother.
Enter my midst, my little sister.
You may have deep doubts on me right now
But here I am, I will ease it all.

"All about your life and desires, I know.
It may be tough for you, but there is a reason for it all.
I am calling you right here and right now.
Open your heart to me, and I will show you my cause.

"There's a vast sea, so deep somewhere;
The fish is numerous! Who will catch them for me?
There's a rich harvest, bountiful for us all,
Whom shall I send to work, for them to be reaped?
Look, my child, I am sending you to this bounty.
Work for me, be a Fisher of Men."

I respond to the voice, "My Lord and Master!
Who am I, unworthy for you to be sent?
I am frail and weak, no one understands me.
I am least of my brethren, I am nobody!"

"Oh, my child," the voice replies,
"Do not fear, have no worry.
I am here with you, I am your Lord.
I find you worthy. I am sending you.

"Never fear the world and its darkness.
Have courage! Proclaim my Word, Live on it!
You will suffer a great deal for this, my cause,
But one day, you shall see eternal happiness, joy forever!"

"Send me, O Lord," I answered the Voice within.
"Send me, if it is according to your will.
I know it's hard, but I know you are always here.
Guide me as I lead your people back to you.
I trust in your loving kindness, O Lord.
I open myself to you. I am forever yours..."

KuyaZeke,ccs_101810 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment