Wednesday, October 13, 2010

WedPost: Viva La Gran Señora!!!

...Post No. 6...Oct. 13, 2010...
===+===
It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop.
-Confucius
===+===
In This Issue:
~
Viva La Gran Señora!!!
~To My Colleagues: the Feedback
~SemBreak naaa!!!!!
===+===

VIVA LA GRAN SEÑORA!!!

10-10-10 was really a day of union between me and God. The day spent wisely, I took the chance to communicate with God in various ways, and since it was a Sunday, it was really my Church Day...

... it so happened that I took it to a different level.

Last Sunday (Second Sunday of October) was the celebration of Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary, La Naval de Manila. I knew it for all this time, thanks to my dete who studied in a Dominican School (St. James Academy). I knew that there was this certain honor to the Virgin, under the title La Naval de Manila, but in reality, I don't know where to visit her. For the years that I came to know of her, I prayed that I may visit her, even just once. It never came to happen, until last Sunday.

A new-found friend in Facebook invited me to attend the celebrations. I am not supposed to come to the event for various reasons, and for the fact that I don't know how to go to Sto. Domingo Church. Yet, I answered yes to him, putting my trust to the Virgin that She will guide me as I go to her shrine.

Sunday came, and as the date of the day came to be, Miracle came after miracle. First of them all, God made my schedule more earlier than I did. I was able to attend the Convivence of my community in the morning, attend Mass in our parish in the afternoon, and go to Sto. Domingo in the Evening. When last Saturday, I was in a dilemma on how to fix my schedule for the next day, God has prepared something after all.

Second, When I thought I was lost in Recto, I was not. I was looking for a jeep on the way to the Church. On my first try, they refuse me, since Sto. Domingo was not a part of their route. I am so desperate then when a driver said to me, Boy, mali ang jeep na hinahanapan mo. Dun ka sa kabilang kalye. I did searched for a jeep on the other side of the road, and Deo Gratias! I found one. I keep on texting my friend on my whereabouts, and when I texted him that I am past Kanlaon St., his reply was, "Congrats bro, andyan ka na!"

Third, and the most notable miracle of the day, the thrill and excitement that I felt when I stood in front of her image. Parang... grabe! When I entered the Church, I've gone sight-seeing first, roving around the Carossas of the different saints that were included in the procession. When I arrived at the side door of the Church, I got my first-hand look at the virgin from my position. Filled with awe, all that I was able to say was... "Ma! I'm here na!" All my curiosity of the younger years were wiped out on that moment, when I was able to see her face-to-face. It was a moving moment for me.

As I left her that night, I made a promise to her, that I will make sure that I will visit her on her feast day every year, as long as my physical abilities permit. That moment was really a milestone for me. One of my firsts for my 20th year of life. I continue to thank God and Mary for this point in my life when I was able to visit a childhood mother of my dreams. I keep on praying to her for me and for everyone and everything that is dear to me. I will really never forget this moment in my life.



===+===

TO MY COLLEAGUES: A FEEDBACK...

After I posted the poem and Pic-Movie version of To My Colleagues, lots and lots of reactions came. Here are some:
~ Tearjerker, ha!?! (Prof. Domingo)
~
Salamat talaga, friend! Napaiyak mo ako, ang ganda nung poem tsaka nung movie... (Lourdes Bello)
~ Bitoy, hindi ako naniniwala sa pagpapaalam, kasi naman hindi tayo talaga mawawala. Magkakaibigan tayo... (Dinnes Ocfemia)
~ Friend! Thanks for the touching poem, ang galing mo talaga! Ang ganda ng composition of words, pati ng conjunctions. Kaso napaka-ironic ng thought. hehehehe,,,, (Jimmy Romero)

These, among others, were my friends' comment to the poem which I made, dedicated to them. To them I always say, Salamat!

To my classmates, especially to my Ghoy Ghang family, thanks so much for the memories. You may say that I'm very exaggerated with my emotions, but one thing's for sure... I'll miss all of you.

===+===

SEMBREAK NAAA!!!!

Yes! After five months of study, work, enjoyment, and others, here comes the point when we take our rest for a while, and unwind for a moment.

Well, Sembreak 2010 is a busy one for me...
~ Watching after the Store...
~ Regional Convivence (sana mapayagan akong sumama...)
~ All Saints and All Souls Day...
~ and other rackets for me to have some money for the coming semester.

Sembreak is just around the corner, and for me, this break has a sentimental value. It is here when I will say goodbye to my real batchmates, and hello to a new one. This is the fulfillment of the nightmares of Summer. I pray that I may strive the real one for the coming semester, and all the challenges that come along with it.

But for now, it's time for rest... rest... rest...

===+===
Greetings and Announcements!!!

~ RAFFLE FOR THE PARISH SERVICE... Join us as we work for the fulfillment of our Parish Dreams. Tickets can be bought @ P10.00 per ticket from the Parish Office of Sta. Cruz Parish.

~ Happy Birthday!!! to my good friends Ira Mae Cruz (Oct. 14), and Albert Dela Torre (Oct. 15). May God bless and guide you on another year of life.

~ Kudos to all who continue to read and patronize my blog. Hope that you like my posts, as I continue to give out my soul and emotions to you guys. Mabuhay kayo!!!

KuyaZeke,ccs_101310 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment