Monday, November 15, 2010

LIT-tie Monday: Words from the Chalkboard...


(I wrote this poem - I believe it is a poem - when I had a sit-in with Second Year BSE Students. I saw these set of words in the chalkboard, a quote. Here, it is italicized before the poem itself. My mind had gone thoughts with that, and so, the poem. I dedicate this to all who think that they have the capacity to do certain things, yet ridiculed by the mob, like I did.)


WORDS FROM THE CHALKBOARD...
September 01, 2010

I know that they can do it,
I can let go...
I know that they can do it,
I will let go...
I see I can do it,
I have let go...

I see my potentials. I see my skills. I can show the world that I can and I will. And yet, there are people around that continue to jeer me, telling me that I cannot do something well and good. With that reality I saw how the world can be too cruel, too vague.

They keep telling me that they can do more than I can. They are strong. They are mightier. They are way to cool than me. They are bad. They are rude. They are evil. Evil...

My conscience tells me never to give up, to continue fighting...
...my mind tells otherwise. It tells me to give others their turn. I must give it up.

And so, it happened. I gave them their long-awaited chance. I gave everything, leaving nothing for myself. Nothing at all.

Days passed. Months have came and gone...

They failed! After long hours of neglect, bad work, pride and riots between my jeerers, the project was not realized. Everyone left in guilt and remorse.

And I? I wished that I'd never gave them the chance. I wished time may go back. I close my eyes and see myself bringing success to the project. I see myself doing it and was happy with it...

...but all in vain...

...my eyes are closed for time and eternity. I can't do anything anymore. No more...

BïTZëëlöG_111510 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment