Friday, July 01, 2016

ANG GULO MO NAMAN, WEWE!

So what happened to everything I left?

Simple answer: I left them behind. All of them.


I have written somewhere in this blog before that my life has been a roller coaster, being in one place now and moving on later. True enough, life has been a long journey for me so far, and with all the journeys I undertook, decisions made and everything else. But this decision - leaving everything behind for the Seminary - has been one of the biggest decisions I had undertaken, a new YES to God who never left me alone all these time.

But how about everything I had before? Ganun na lang ba lahat?

After five years of life with the Dominicans, I entered the life of the Augustinians. After four years of working as a teacher, I now try to reach my dreams as a Priest of Jesus. And these two were never easy.

It's really painful to let go. But we all know that it's all a part of the process of leaving the things you love for the greatest thing in life. I don't know what lies ahead of me. I mean it. 

You see, entering a seminary is a no-joke. You study things of higher level, you tend to live in a community of people you don't know, some won't be friends with you pa. You wake up at a uncomfortable time just to fulfill seminary schedule. We enter a new reality, far from our ideas before, from our comfort zones. In this reality, you do not depend on what you think might make you happy; you only depend on the greatest good. You search for it, not on material things, but deep inside you, in the spirit. You carefully - and sometimes, painfully - leave your old self to wear the new person.

It certainly takes time and lots of effort, but it will never be without God's help. Everything's impossible without complete trust in his Will. On this thought I depend as I embark on this journey. Yung gulong ito, magiging maayos rin sa awa ng Panginoon. God will take care of this. 

===
I plan to revive Ur Dose if time allows me. I don't know how this could be but in any case, this blog would still be regularly updated. Thanks for the continual support and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment